This lens is my favourite film camera lens. To be able to use it on a full frame digital camera… pure joy.
Why is it so good?
- Properlly good image quality
- Small, solid, light
- Smooth focusing
- Hint of film feel to images
- Good bokeh – it can be a touch busy, but it’s streets ahead of the EF 50mm f1.4
- It’s the most convenient of focal lengths
- All the performance of a modern lens at a fraction of the price with some extra character thrown in
Really, look at the price of an FE mount 50mm f1.4. I’ve used one, and although having the camera work in full auto is nice, it really isn’t the same as using it in manual.
There’s just something about this camera and a manual lens that is right.